Sunday, July 25, 2010

War comes to Willy Freeman:Questions and Answers

Question: What does freedom means to Willy?

Answer: To Willy freedom ment to to be argumentative and you can't be like that if your not free be she was free, so basicly to really know that she was free she became augmentative. In the story she say's "It had something to do with the argumentative way I was sometimes. I'd got it figured out that being argumentative was the same as being free. I mean, if somebody could boss you around, you wasn't free, and that's why I was argumentative, because there was always somebody trying to boss me around. I hated having somebody else over me, and I mean the whole war, that had got my Ma and Pa killed, was just to keep the British from over the Americans. And I could see that people had a mighty strong feeling for being free, if they was willing to risk being shot for it. So that was why I wanted to go down to New York. There was more of a chance of doing what I wanted to do there."

Question: Which character in the book is most heroic and why?

Answer: I think Jack Arabus, because he help Willy and his family. When he hit Captain Ivers he saved Willy. If he didn't do any thing either Willy would have been dead of sold off to the west Indies and, he knew he didn't want Willy to go through that and he knew Willy didn't want that. He saved someone life and I think that is heroic. And now he is trying to set his family free.




No comments:

Post a Comment